Reporting to the Research and Development Supervisor, the Research and Development Test Technician assists the department by providing solutions for new product development along with the improvement of existing products.
• Research fenestration market trends and the development of windows, doors, and related systems,
• Perform in-house product performance testing and generate formal reports,
• Perform thermal simulations of both existing and new product concepts as required for Energy Star Certification,
• Maintain new and existing product certifications for Energy Star, NFRC, and IGMA
• Review Part 3 projects and provide information and specifications to Sales Department
• Develop and maintain AutoCAD drawings in a drawing library
• Provide and maintain records of Climatic Studies,
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to manage the project scope
• Perform and witness product performance testing at third party labs, jobsites, and maintain logs
• Have the ability to interpret building codes, standards, and technical specifications
• Provide technical support to Sales Department, Manufacturing, and Customer Service as required
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
• Mechanical or Architectural Engineering degree or diploma with manufacturing experience,
• Proficient with AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, and Excel
• Experience working in a design and manufacturing environment,
• Strong written, communication, and verbal skills,
• Ability to take ownership and work independently
• Motivated self-starter, able to multi-task and manage tight deadlines.
• Valid Drivers Licence and access to a vehicle
Permanent Full-time Hourly
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com