The Estimator is responsible for assisting the Estimator with all aspects of estimating the most complex and large-scale jobs, including pre-construction, budgets, general conditions and subcontractor relations. Must have a clean DMV record.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conducts site inspections and collaborates with field team to ensure accurate data collection for bid generation and project execution;
· Conducts take-offs, prepares cost estimates, project schedules and material procurement processing for commercial window, door, storefront, curtain wall, and paneling systems for projects up to $3,000,000;
· Prepares and submits attractive, accurate and competitive bid packages;
· Collaborates with Estimator in negotiating most favorable terms with customers, suppliers and subcontractors;
· Prepares, coordinates and tracks RFIs, submittals, change orders and material orders;
· Collaborates with Field Operations Manager in executing projects in accordance with contract terms and conditions, workforce and safety compliance requirements;
· Ensures up to date, complete and accurate records, budgets, schedules and progress reports;
· Participates in quality control inspections and improvements;
· Establishes and nurtures relationships with industry professionals, manufacturers, general contractors, subcontractors and public agencies;
· Improves efficiencies and skills through use of current technologies.
· Providing proposals to customers to replace or repair windows, glass, etc.
· Must have excellent customer service, communication, organization and leadership skills.
· Must develop relationships with the customer base to ensure excellent customer relations.
· Must be able to work independently, as well as with a team.
· Must have knowledge of door hardware and glazing.
· Must be highly self motivated.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
· Recent graduate with college degree in architecture, engineering or construction management preferred;
· Proficient at understanding and translating construction plans, drawings and specifications and generating accurate take-offs and estimates;
· Excellent math, formulation and configuration skills;
· Keen attention to detail, organization and mechanical aptitude;
· Proficient use of estimating, scheduling and project management software and AutoCAD;
· Team Player with Excellent Communication Skills
· Must Have Above Average Computer Skills, and Willing to Learn In-House Software Program
· Valid Driver’s license; must provide clean driver’s abstract
· Minimum of 1 year of industry experience preferred
· Skilled at reading, understanding, and interpreting drawings and specifications
· Proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook and other computer software packages required
· Displays excellent organizational skills and is able to effectively prioritize estimating tasks
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
· Professionalism Both in Person and Over the Phone
· Ability to Effectively Utilize Microsoft Office, Including Spreadsheets
· Undergrad or Diploma/ Certificate in Architectural Technology Preferred
· Excellent Attention to Detail
· Strong Willingness to Learn Product
· Works Well Under Pressure and Fast Paced Environments
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com